Topics

Blog (18) Events (14) NonFiction (14) Poetry (14) PAST POST (13) Exploits (11) Fiction (11) China (9) Video (8) DREAM (7) Dragon's Bane (6) Merchandise (5) Meme (2) Rest In Peace (2)

Friday, March 10, 2017

Rooting Thru the Past (Found Poem) by Azriel Johnson

When I was in 2nd grade:
School was not very fun.
I liked best math.
I liked least writing. (handwriting)
I thought that books were stupid.
I liked to read about nothing.
I didn't like books that were fun.
I wished my teacher would die.
I wished my classmates would be 'absit.'
I was glad I was free.
I wished I could kill Kevin.
I thought the capital of Hawaii was Samoe.
And it was where I thought I could go and be happy.
Someone telling me I couldn't play niteno scared me.
but
Pummeling someone
or
putting someone in a cage made me happy.
I was remarkably good at creative writing.
And mathematics.
I packed a BB gun.
Rules were "good" because they are not boss.
I always said Heck.
I got up at 6.
I went to bed at 8.
If I could do anything I wanted, I would be the dad.
If I were president of the United States I would help people who were poor.
And make a fodation for old people.
I would have given a Valentine to Wendy because she was my girlfriend.
And I wished I had a horse.
I was a Cub Scout in Den 3.  I liked to embarrass my mom.
I was in Scouts with a sarcastic little kid and a future sex offender.
I was in speech therapy for stuttering.
They suspected I had a handicap.
I wonder why it took me so long to get my verbal proficiency.
They consistently miswrote my address as 7208 instead of 7408.
In first grade I pledged to be part of a smoke free class of 2000.

***
I was quite incredulous as I read some of the stuff I had written at such a young age.  I mean, I hated books.  I hated reading.  I thought putting people into cages would make me happy.  Pummeling people would make me happy.  Moving to Samoe in Hawaii?  I wanted my teacher to die? I wanted to "kill Kevin"?

At least I was free I guess.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment